What we do is really quite simple- we take pictures and shoot movies. However, how we do it is another story. Actually "story" is the perfect word. Oceanwide Studios is all about telling the story. We are always working to reveal the interesting and emotional story of your day. In corporate video that variable isn't always part of the job requirement for the video company. Usually they hire you to shoot, edit and fix what they don't like. They being the client.
We started Oceanwide because we wanted to be part of the creative process and not just the technical side. Both Andy and I are too passionate about the whole of the project to let those details go. We want to find what makes our couples tick and put that in a movie for all to see.
Of course, I don't want to undersell the technical side of what we do. The equipment and know-how is a huge part of the quality of our work. You will notice cinematic camera moves and angles. Always finding a place to be with the camera and always capturing the right moments allows us to have the best footage to tell that all important story.
Nowadays High Definition is the thing. We shoot all of our videos in full HD with the newest technology in cameras and great lenses. These amazing tools allow us to get production value from our equipment that has been elusive to the independent film maker until just recently. We also use accessories such as the steadicam vest and sliding dolly to enhance the cameras movement. Just watch, you'll see the difference!
here's what we do:
1. we get to know who we're shooting - what they like, their desires, their family, friends, etc.
2. we pour ourselves into coming up with themes and concepts that uniquely fit that couple.
3. with great detail, we plan the day - where we'll be and when to get the best shots possible.
4. we spend all day running around with all sorts of awesome gear that enhance our ability to tell your story.
5. we work hard to add to your day - giving you an experience that is more you.
we give you an experience, not just some videos or photos. that's what we do.